The Kami property includes 305 claims in Labrador for a total of 7,625 hectares.

Alderon acquired a 100% interest in the Kami Project from Altius Minerals Corporation by issuing 32,285,006 common shares to Altius as well as appointing John Baker (Chairman of Altius) and Brian Dalton (CEO of Altius) to the Alderon Board of Directors.  Altius will also retain a 3% gross sales royalty on iron ore concentrate from the Kami Project.

In March 2013, HBIS Group Co. Ltd. (formerly Hebei Iron & Steel Group) contributed C$119.9 million in exchange for a 25% interest in the Kami Limited Partnership which was established to own the Kami Project.  Alderon has the remaining 75% interest.