Alderon Iron Ore Corp. "Alderon", has taken all reasonable care in producing and publishing information contained on this website, and will endeavour to do so regularly. Material on this site may still contain technical or other inaccuracies, omissions, or typographical errors, for which Alderon assumes no responsibility. Alderon does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use, validity, accuracy, completeness or reliability of any claims, statements or information on this site. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Alderon be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages, including but not limited to, loss of programs, loss of data, loss of use of computer or other systems, or loss of profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, arising from your use, or inability to use, the material on this site. The information is not a substitute for independent professional advice before making any investment decisions. Furthermore, you may not modify or reproduce in any form, electronic or otherwise, any information on this site, except for personal use unless you have obtained our express permission.
The TSX and NYSE MKT Exchnages have not reviewed the information on this website and do not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of it.
The press releases, presentations and other information contained on the web site are for historical purposes only and that while information contained within the releases was believed to be accurate at the time of issue, the Company will not, and specifically disclaims any duty to, update this information.
This website contains "forward-looking information" within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act and applicable Canadian securities laws concerning anticipated developments and events that may occur in the future. Forward looking information contained in this website includes, but is not limited to, statements with respect to: (i) the estimation of mineral resources and mineral reserves; (ii) the market and future price of iron ore and related products; (iii) anticipated outcome of future exploration activities; (iv) permitting time lines; (v) requirements for additional capital; (vi) optimization of the mine plan; (vii) development, construction and production timelines and estimates; (viii) the supply of power for the Kami Project (as defined herein); (ix) the results of the Feasibility Study including statements about estimated future production, future operating and capital costs, the projected IRR, NPV, payback period, construction timelines and production timelines for the Kami Project; (x) Alderon’s financing strategy for the development of the Kami Project, including the senior debt facility; (xi) the future effects of environmental compliance requirements on the business of the Company; (xii) the implementation of the Company’s environmental and sustainability policies and plans; and (xiii) the anticipated amount, timing and successful completion of the senior debt facility and other financing for the construction of the Kami Project, the expected timeline for the commencement of construction and its duration, the negotiation and conclusion of infrastructure contracts, implementation of agreements and ongoing consultation with aboriginal groups and initiatives to secure a second off-take partner.
In certain cases, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects" or "does not expect", "is expected", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "intends", "anticipates" or "does not anticipate", or "believes", or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will be taken", "occur" or "be achieved" suggesting future outcomes, or other expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions, intentions or statements about future events or performance. Forward-looking information contained in this website is based on certain factors and assumptions regarding, among other things, the estimation of mineral reserves and resources, the realization of resource and reserve estimates, iron ore and other metal prices, the timing and amount of future exploration and development expenditures, the estimation of initial and sustaining capital requirements, the estimation of labour and operating costs, the availability of necessary financing and materials to continue to explore and develop the Kami Property (as defined herein) in the short and long-term, the progress of exploration and development activities, the receipt of necessary regulatory approvals, the estimation of insurance coverage, and assumptions with respect to currency fluctuations, environmental risks, title disputes or claims, and other similar matters. While the Company considers these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to it, they may prove to be incorrect.
Forward looking information involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking information including, without limitation, the following risks and uncertainties:
- risks relating to the fact that the Company depends on a single mineral project;
- risks inherent in the exploration and development of mineral deposits, including risks relating to changes in project parameters as plans continue to be redefined including the possibility that mining operations may not commence at the Kami Property;
- risks relating to variations in mineral resources and reserves, grade or recovery rates resulting from current exploration and development activities;
- risks related to fluctuations in the price of iron ore as the Company’s future revenues, if any, are expected to be derived from the sale of iron ore;
- risks related to a reduction in Chinese demand for iron ore which could result in lower prices and demand for iron ore;
- financing, capitalization and liquidity risks, including the risk that the financing necessary to fund the development and construction activities at the Kami Property may not be available on satisfactory terms, or at all;
- the Company has no history of mining operations and no revenues from operations and expects to incur losses for the foreseeable future;
- risks related to the Company relying on a single customer for 60% of its expected iron ore concentrate production;
- risks related to the Company obtaining various permits required to conduct its current and anticipated future operations;
- risks related to unresolved land claims by various aboriginal groups;
- risks related to disputes concerning property titles and interest;
- risks relating to the ability to access rail transportation, sources of power and port facilities;
- the Company is dependent on the support and cooperation of its partner (Hebei) to develop the Kami Project;
- operational risks inherent in the conduct of mining activities, including the risk of accidents, labour disputes, increases in capital and operating costs and the risk of delays or increased costs that might be encountered during the development process;
- risks related to the significant governmental regulation that the Company is subject;
- environmental risks;
- reliance on key personnel;
- risks related to increased competition in the market for iron ore and related products and in the mining industry generally;
- risks related to potential conflicts interests among the Company’s directors and officers;
- the absence of dividends;
- risks related to current global financial conditions;
- land reclamation requirements may be burdensome;
- risks associated with the acquisition of any new properties;
- uncertainties inherent in the estimation of mineral resources;
- the Company may become subject to legal proceedings; and
- risks relating to the Company’s Common Shares.
Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information.
Readers are cautioned that the foregoing lists of factors are not exhaustive. The forward-looking information contained in this website is expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. Except as required by applicable securities laws, the Company does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking information and readers should also carefully consider the matters discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company’s Annual Information Form.
Cautionary Note Regarding Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves
Readers should refer to the Company's current technical reports and other continuous disclosure documents filed by the Company available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com for further information the mineral resource estimates of the Company's projects, which are subject to the qualifications and notes set forth therein, as well as for additional information relating to the Company more generally. Mineral resources which are not mineral reserves, do not have demonstrated economic viability. Inferred mineral resources have insufficient confidence to allow the meaningful application of technical and economic parameters or to enable an evaluation of economic viability suitable for public disclosure. Neither the Company nor readers can assume that all or any part of an inferred mineral resource will be upgraded to indicated or measured mineral resources. Most projects at the inferred mineral resource stage do not ever achieve successful commercial production. Each stage of a project is contingent on the positive results of the previous stage and that there is a significant risk that the results may not support or justify moving to the next stage.
Alderon is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website. When you provide personal information to us, we protect the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you browse through this website, you do so anonymously. Alderon does not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Submitting an employment application to us is an example of how you may be voluntarily providing us with personal information. Other examples include requesting inclusion on our email distribution list or requesting information packages. Alderon will only use your personal information when responding to your submission. Alderon will not disclose your personal information to anyone else outside of Alderon or its affiliated companies without your prior consent; however, Alderon reserves the right to disclose your personal information if required by law.
Our servers automatically log information about visits to this website in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. The server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, and time and duration of visit. We collect this information so that we may continuously improve our website content. These statistics are reported in aggregate form only. We do not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors.
The development of Alderon's policies and procedures for the protection of personal information is an ongoing process. Due to changes in technology and legal requirements we may revise this Website Privacy Statement from time to time.
Third Party Links
Alderon has provided links from this website to several other websites which are arms-length to the Company. The viewer should be aware that in linking to these outside websites, he or she is leaving the Alderon website and that Alderon is not responsible for the content of any other site.
NI 43-101 Qualified Person
Alderon’s operational developmental work on the Kami Project is supervised by Brian Penney, P.Eng., the Chief Operating Officer for Alderon and a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. Except as otherwise indicated, Mr. Penney has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this website.